Monday, April 18, 2016

Infected: A New Cover & Title for Bloodline

About a year after I first released Bloodline, I realized that I might have made a mistake with the title. In a time when stories of Vampires was rampant, the immediate impression was that this fit that genre. I have absolutely nothing against these types of tales (I've been known to read them), but Boodline is something entirely different.

I struggled with the cover, initially trying to design my own (one of the pit falls I have cautioned other indie authors about). I finally came around, and had a professional cover done. While I loved it (and still do), it took me another year to notice that the girl on the front, along with the font, only added to the misconception. We re designed it. It was even better...but what I recently (finally) acknowledged, was that it would have to be completely redone in order to fit the scifi genre, and also to convey to a browsing reader what was really inside the cover.

I approached the design and book blurb process in the wrong way. Maybe another author can learn from this. I held back. I was afraid to reveal too much of the mystery, but in doing so, I left the reader too far into the dark, to know if they were even interested in the story!

I took a big breath (okay, several), and took the plunge. New title, new cover, new beginnings. I KNOW this trilogy has a ton of potential, but if the appropriate readers never even get the opportunity to read it...well, it's simply going to simmer on the lonely back pages of Amazon.

I am in still in the process of updating everything. After nearly three years of being out there, fifty five reviews and several book contests, I have a lot of work to do. I feel, however, that it will be worth it.

Here's the lowdown:

Title:  Infected, The Shiners (Book 1 of the Forgotten Origins Trilogy)
Blurb:

An alien plague. A sixteen-year-old girl. A fight to save the world.

When a rare meteor shower unleashes a mind-altering infection, the people Alex loves begin to change. They’re smarter, faster, emotionless, and they have a plan. One that doesn’t include her.

Guided by cryptic clues left behind by her deceased father, Alex follows a trail of increasingly shocking discoveries. Earth’s history isn’t what she learned in school, and a new hive mind threatens to rewrite the future.


Alex is a fighter, but pursued by both friends and an unknown enemy, it will take everything she has to fulfill her destiny. Desperate to save her little brother, she flees to the mountains surrounding her home, where the only chance for humanity has lain hidden for thousands of years.


LINK: Amazon link
(2.99 or FREE with Kindle Unlimited)

I am SO excited about this re-release/face lift for the first full length novel I ever published. The interior files are the same, so the story has NOT changed.

The other covers are also going through a revamp, in order to match the first, and I should have those out in the next couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment