Friday, December 4, 2015

How to (not) Take a Break

I recently finished writing the fourth book in my middle grade mystery series, and have a release date of 12.21.2015. (it's up for pre sale now)

Having just concluded a read-through/edit and sending it off for Beta Readers and editing, I sat back and immediately began planning what to do next.

A break. I needed to take a break. Thanksgiving was just a few days away, and then a huge couple of weeks of work, a book signing, photo shoot, and CPR instructing at the local High School.

A break.

Right. I don't think I quite understand the meaning of the word. Even when I try to force myself not to take anything else on, I seem to continuously think about what I should be doing, and then find myself writing out 'The List'.

Anyone else with me?

I always have a long list. Full of have to do, need to do, would like to do...lots of do's. Being an Indie Author, there is always something to DO. The good news, is that I love to do it. :)

This is how I know that being an author is my calling. Because no matter how tired, or stressed, or over-whelmed I get with everything else on my list, the one thing that will always make me smile and feel at peace is the 'write' item. I don't see it as a chore. I absolutely LOVE it.

So while I might not have allowed myself much of a 'break', and I'm a bit run-down and behind on my sleep and 'me' time...I'm still okay. Because in another week, I will be adding 'write a chapter' back to the top of my daily list, and my world will be right again.

Who's with me? :)


A picture I took while on my 'break'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment