Saturday, February 7, 2015

FREE Books this Weekend!

I'm going to pre-empt this entry with the announcement that I have made TWO of my books FREE this weekend!

First: Heritage; Book #2 in the Forgotten Origins Trilogy  LINK to Amazon

This is the second book in my young adult, sci-fi trilogy. Don't worry, you don't have to be a teen to enjoy this story! You don't even have to be a girl. (some of my biggest fans are adult men!) It's even a clean read, so if you DO want your younger teen to read this....don't stress about it. There isn't anything in there you wouldn't want them to read!




Second: The Mystery of Hollow Inn   LINK to Amazon
This is the first book in the Samantha Wolf Mysteries series. (I just released the 2nd book) unlike the trilogy, these books stand on their own. (also available as an audiobook!)



WHY have I made these free? Honestly, it's because sales are stalling again. Even though I just released a new book last week (The Secret of Camp Whispering Pines) I haven't sold more than two copies of all of my books combined in the past week. This is in spite of having ALL positive reviews, winning a couple of awards and sacrificing myself to the social media gods. Yes...such is the life of an indie author. :)

I don't really mean for that to sound like a complaint, though. I realize that this road is not an easy one. I know that in the scope of things, I am still a very new author and it takes patience, perseverance and commitment. I am thankful for the two sales I had this week, because that's more than I had in a whole month not that long ago! 

So, I am making these two free this weekend for the very simple reason of marketing. There are TOO many ebooks out there for them to be seen on good luck alone. Even good covers and lots of social media platforms will only take you so far. There's just too much for a reader to chose from. There's a lot of GOOD stuff for them to chose from. So, I am giving a sampling. Hopefully, there will be a few people that will take the offer, eventually read it and perhaps like it enough to read more, or share it with a friend. 

At this point, it still isn't about sales, but about exposure. Are people reading my books? 

I was thinking quite a bit about this yesterday. Every  once in awhile, when I begin to feel a bit defeated, I have to stop and analyze things. WHY do I write? My answer: Because I have to. Because it's a part of who I am and I couldn't stop, even if I wanted to. I share the stories, because I want to entertain people, to give them that escapism that meant so much to me growing up. If my answer ever changes to: "Because I want to make money", then it's time to stop publishing.

So, that is what helped me decide to go ahead and make these free this weekend. I just want people to read my stories and hopefully enjoy them. If, I am ever what's considered a 'success' someday, so be it. But for now...I just want to entertain!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment