Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Month of Reflection - and Bloodline is FREE

February has ended up being a bit of a non-productive month for me, as far as my writing goes, but my body has been clearly telling me (yelling at me) to take a break. Even if it's just for two or three weeks.

I have basically been writing or narrating for going on 2 1/2 years now. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE it. That's why I do it. Sometimes though, I think a little reprieve can improve the thought process and is much needed.

I have still been working on narrating The Secret of Camp Whispering Pines. After getting part way through however, I determined that the recording quality wasn't quite to my standard due to background noise caused by the on-going bad weather we were having. So...I started over. I took the last week off from that, too, though. With our dog passing and some other things happening at the same time, the MS (multiple sclerosis) started acting up. Nothing too bad, but enough for me to take notice.

I've spent a lot of time just thinking about which project I want to work on next. I have several options. I've got an older, nearly completed adult thriller manuscript that I could rewrite and finish. I could write the next book in my MG series (The Beach House Mystery). I have a story idea for a serial (ten novelettes that would work like a season installment of a tv series), that I am quite excited about. Then...I am still being pulled back to the world created in The Forgotten Origins Trilogy. I also need to complete the audiobooks for Heritage and Descent.

I believe that I will first go ahead and do the Beach House Mystery, since it will be the easiest one and then see how I feel about the rest, but I plan on getting them all done this year!

I just finished The Atlantis Gene, by author A.G. Riddle. A GREAT read! Be sure to check my review.

I've made Bloodline free for the next three days, in an attempt (again) to spur some interest in the trilogy. Sales have once again dropped off to nearly nothing. So...if you haven't gotten your copy yet, follow the links!




No comments:

Post a Comment