Thursday, December 18, 2014

December 18th, 2014

Christmas is fast approaching!

Do you ever get a little...weary of people always asking each other if they are "ready for Christmas"? Like it's a burden, rather than a time of joy and love. I feel that a lot of people have become a bit overburdened by the holidays, due to the commercialization. So in answer: no. I am not ready. I never am, because I'm not good at time management and therefore am always the one in line at the post office on the last day that a package can be shipped out priority to get there on time. :)  But I still love Christmas, because as I said, it isn't about the gifts. Right? Right.

I'm still waiting for the final production of the Bloodline audiobook to be released (drumming fingers)...should be anytime now! It's been over a week since it was approved. I am not a patient person. Have I mentioned that before?

Meanwhile, I have decided to run a Kindle Countdown on The Mystery of Hollow Inn, since sales have most definitely stalled. If I thought it was hard to find an audience for my Young Adult books, that's not near as hard as the Middle Grade genre! I guess I need to target the moms...or something. I don't know, I haven't figured it out yet! Anyway, here is the link. Only 0.99 for the firs three days of the promo. So if you haven't read it, now is a good time to pick it up, or give it as a gift! You don't have to be a middle grader to read or enjoy it. I know I have gone back and re-read my Trixie Beldon and Nancy Drews many times as an adult!

Amazon link to the Mystery of Hollow Inn .99!




I will post again before Christmas...but keep your chin up! Throw out some lights, don't spend too much on needless trinkets, and maybe donate instead to your local charity, or go give out some gift cards at your local grocery store. (I've done that a couple years in a row now...it's a great experience!)

I will leave you with a picture of our family project this year. It was a group effort, but I think I chose the worst part: painting! About 20 hrs later, after lots of tracing/cutting/nailing/painting and planning:



No comments:

Post a Comment